- Weekdays – 2 Months
- Weekends – 3 Months
Demonstrates your knowledge to deploy, maintain, secure and operate a medium-sized network using Cisco technologies. Cisco CCNA certified professionals can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer), including but not limited to use of these protocols: IP, IGRP, Serial, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, Access Lists.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- LAN/WAN Administrator, Network Specialists, Network Administrators, and Network Support Engineers
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
- At Course Completion
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the routers startup and configuration
ABOUT NEW HORIZONS (WORLDWIDE)
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons was named the world's largest training company by IDC the last 3 years. The company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of technical training, desktop application and business skills courses for all levels in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons has over 312 training Centers in 80 countries in the world and has over 3,000 instructors, 2100 classrooms and 2100 sales people globally. It also has a superior content catalog of over 4,500 courses for office productivity, IT professionals and business skills.
ABOUT NEW HORIZONS NIGERIA
New Horizons Nigeria was granted the license as a franchisee of New Horizons world-wide to operate in Nigeria in May 2005. The firms’ vision is to be the foremost provider of IT and Business Skills training in Nigeria; in order to achieve this vision, we believe we need the right values to propel the organization to the forefront of the IT and Soft Skill training industry in Nigeria; our values therein are Integrity, Innovation & Culture of Responsibility.
The founders of New Horizons Nigeria saw the deepening of the IT and Management knowledge divide between the developed nations and the developing ones i.e. Nigeria as a threat to the socio-economic development of Nigeria and in order to bridge this divide, they decided to form a strategic alliance with the most reputable IT and Soft Skills training organization in the world. New Horizons Nigeria strongly believes that by doing this, she will contribute immensely to the socio-economic development of Nigeria. ...