“The most important decisions that business people make are not what decisions but who decisions” Jim Collins, Good to Great
Effective organizations know that in order to select the right candidate for a specific role, technical capabilities as well as behavioural competencies and culture fit should be assessed. The use of Competency Based Interviewing techniques within a recruitment process will help process owners achieve this.
This 2-day programme will enhance your knowledge, skill and abilities in selecting the right person for the job, using competency based interviewing techniques. It will enhance your ability to identify candidates whose behaviours and attitudes are a good fit for the organization.
What You Should Expect
- Practical interviewing sessions
- Interactive and engaging activities
- Role-plays or simulation exercises: applying CBI technique
- Videos and case studies to drive home learning
- Evaluation and feedback on your practice session
After this program you will be able to:
- explain the benefits of using competency-based interviewing techniques
- create starter questions
- use questioning and probing skills to uncover behavioural evidence
- understand the ORCE method
- build rapport during an interview and explain why this is important
- evaluate candidates to make fair, objective and valid selection decisions
- practice interviewing skills in a safe learning environment.
The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002 became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group (ES&T). The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011, when for operational and strategic reasons, KPMG resolved to exit this service line and hence, transferred the ownership of the business to members of staff of the group who formerly ran the practice.
Our vision is to continue to remain the preferred service provider in Attracting… Developing… Retaining talent for improved performance. Our mission, therefore, is to provide excellent human resource consulting and outsourcing services that enable our clients to succeed through offering to clients, high-quality alternatives to in-house resources in the broad spectrum of HR Value chain.
Given the transferred proven systems, quality assured work processes, tools & equipment, rich database, local and international network, as well as, professionals who have acquired deep skills and experience providing a myriad of HR services to clients across different industries, our clients are well served under the new banner of HCP.
We see each engagement as an agreement not just between a business and its customers, but between partners who wish to create a close and mutually beneficial long-term relationship. ...