Warehouses and inventory controls are often overlooked and are not thought to be an important activity. Therefore, incorrect levels of inventory can be held with attendant effects to costs, availability and customer service. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate procedures, change and improve methods, wasteful activities and excess costs
- Discover all of the essential tools for the effective management of warehousing and inventory
- Use all of the practical skills to take back to the workplace all those internal problems that limit performance are avoided
*Inventory and the Supply Chain
- Inventory definitions and importance
- Supply chain and inventory dynamics
- The basic rules of successful supply chain
*Inventory Mechanisms, Methods and Systems
- Basic mechanisms of inventory systems
- Ordering quantity
- Replenishment methods reorder point and level
- Inventory control methods
- Requirements planning systems
*Establishing Stock Control
- Stock checking and accuracy
- Stock reconciliations discrepancies
- Surplus and obsolescent stock
- Stock coding
- Stock variety reduction
*Warehouse Layouts and Productivity
- Types of layout
- Planning for flow in the warehouse
- Calculations for storage
- Throughput and productivity
*Security and Loss
- Minimizing internal and external theft
- Minimizing errors
- Preventative measures
- Inspections and risk assessment
- Warehouse management
- Selecting fork lift truck
- Implications for warehouse layouts
- Operational timings and planning
- The use of IT within the warehouse
- Equipment maintenance
FOR WHOM:Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||09:00 AM — 04:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||4|
Alpha Partners is a reputable firm of Training and Management Consultants with many years of corporate training experience in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Banking, Management, Information Technology, Oil and Gas Sector, Security, Engineering, Public Relations, Secretarial Studies, Leadership, Marketing and other fields of human endeavour.
We are one of the leading players in the profession. Our firm, a multi-disciplinary one with highly talented, experienced and dedicated partners and staff who have experiences in different facets of working life was established in 1996 and has branches in Lagos, Enugu and Awka.
We offer a wide range of professional services, which covers audits, accounting, finance, taxation, ICT, security, engineering, insurance, human resources management, secretarial and consultancy services in all ramifications.
Our numerous clients attest to the high quality services we offer which contribute in no small measure in ensuring sound and efficient management of their resources.