This course will provide participant a much needed knowledge of computer hardware and networking, enabling them to identify and rectify the onboard computer hardware, software and network related problems. With the help of this course the participant will be able to understand the hardware specifications that are required to run operating system and various shipboard application programs. Also, upgrading of existing hardware / software as and when required. The main aspect of this program is to eliminate cost for the computer engineer boarding the vessel for troubleshoot, install / configure the application program and network related problems and there by charging exorbitant fees to ship owners / managers.
- understand basic concept & structure of computer hardware & networking
- identify the existing configuration of the computers and peripherals
- upgrading same as and when required
- apply their knowledge about computer peripherals to identify / rectify problems onboard
- integrate the PCs into Local Area Network & re-install operating systems and various shipboard applications.
- perform routine maintenance, upgrades
- manage data backup & restore operations on server and update anti-virus software and set schedules
- What's inside your computer? How does it inter-relate?
- Computer Peripherals
- Installations of operating systems & configuring PC network
- Installation of service packs, applications such as MS Office, MS Outlook, Anti-virus software, Seagull CBT's etc.
- Trouble shooting of Windows XP & MS Office
- Computer network and how to configure?
- Networking hardware and cabling
- Sharing and managing networked components
- Diagnosis and repairs
|No. of Days:||3|
Citadel for Technological and Engineering Dev. (CITED), a leading organisation in rendering quality service in Corporate Training, Manpower Development and Continued Professional Development (CPD) of Engineers, Technologist and Technicians have been in existence for over twenty years bringing quality service to Nigerians and Nigerian Engineers. Our portfolio of programs is renowned for its breadth and depth of focus, the caliber of its speakers, its interactive, practical and result-orientated nature, and the diverse and national range of participants. It is an excellent networking opportunity.
CITED programs also offer concrete toolkits of effective and practical techniques, strategies and skills to take away. The content continually evolves in response to new business. Our workshops are designed specially for individuals interested in or currently using engineering/technical expertise/skills and technologies to solve their organisation challenges.