Local Content is a critical issue in the oil and gas industry and must be factored into every field development plan and operations. Therefore understanding local content and designing a framework for implementing it within each project helps immensely to ensure that project objectives are realised. In addition, understanding and complying with local content regulatory requirements is important to avoid regulatory sanctions, and is good business.
Addressing it goes a long way in enhancing local capacity building leading to the development of the local supply chain. A developed local supply chain improves efficiency of operations, minimising risk along the supply chain, as well as contributing not only to overall project cost reduction, but also helps in mitigating socio-economic and political risks associated with the development of oil and gas projects.
This course will expose participants to a comprehensive treatment of the issues around local content in the oil and gas industry, showing how they can comply with the regulatory, contractual and policy requirements, as well designing a fit-for-purpose local content framework, the implementation of which will stave off associated risks and enhance the value of their projects.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand local content and the issues around it including associated risks
- Be able to appreciate why local content needs to be factored into investment decisions
- Understand and learn how to comply with extant local content regulatory, contractual and policy requirements
- Be able to develop a local content framework for specific oil and gas projects
- Learn how to undertake mapping for various categories of supply, to fulfil local content requirements
- Learn how to align their risk management plans to Project local content requirements
- Be able to design and implement effective local content development frameworks
- What is Local Content/Nigerian Content?
- Local Content in the Oil and Gas Industry-Legal, Policy and Contractual Frameworks- Compliance Issues
- The PIB and Local Content
- Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry and Local Content
- Local Content Category Identification and Supplier Mapping
- Filling the Gaps
- Local Content and Supply Chain Network
- Lessons and best practices from other jurisdictions
- Designing and implementing a Local Content Framework
- Completing Nigeria Content forms in ITTs
- Completing Nigeria Content template in commercial ITTs
- How to apply for NCEC
Country Managers, Nigerian Content Managers, Commercial Directors, Business Development Managers, Regulators, Analysts, Contract Managers, Purchasing & Supply Chain Managers, HRD Managers, Governmental Relations Executives, Officials of State Petroleum Companies, Federal and State Ministries of Energy, Finance, Agencies & Parastatals, etc.
|Thu||09:00 AM — 02:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|
|No. of Participants:||15|
OGS provides a wide range of specialised petro-technical, business and leadership training courses across several industries, delivered in several cities across the globe.
Delegates typically include CEOs and Directors of publicly quoted companies, Senior Government officials, technical professionals and senior managers from various sectors.
Through our international partner network, some of our courses are internationally accredited and certified. Well over 1,000 delegates have benefited from our programmes, and you can be the next to experience world class learning under our care!