This course can provide you the skills necessary to become A+ certified and ready for an entry-level career in the IT industry. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot,
optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Weekdays – 2 Months
- Weekends – 3 Months
New Horizons can provide you the skills necessary to become A+ certified and ready for an entry-level career in the IT industry. CompTIA A+ certification is an internationally recognized, vendor-neutral certification that many employers consider a prerequisite for entry-level IT employment. A+ certification signifies that the individual is capable of performing tasks such as installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of common PC systems as well as basic networking skills.
- A+ Essentials
- A+ IT Technician
- A+ Depot Technician
- A+ Remote Support Technician
Who’s It For?
A+ Certification training is ideal for anyone interested in a new career in IT or to prove existing knowledge in basic
IT helpdesk support. With A+ certification training at New Horizons, the student will learn:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of PC operating systems
- Maintenance and installation of PC hardware components
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing skills for PC hardware and software
- Basic network skills, including networking PCs and troubleshooting networks
- Basics of PC and networking security
- Candidates must pass the A+ Essentials exam and one additional exam depending on area of specialty.
- This course can provide you the skills necessary to become A+ certified and ready for an entry-level career in the IT industry. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Lesson 1: Hardware Fundamentals
- Computer System Components
- Storage Devices
- Device Connections And Interfaces
- Lesson 2: Operating Systems Fundamental
- Personal Computer Operating Systems
- Windows Control Panel Utilities
- Command Line Tools
- Windows Security Settings
- Windows Operating System Tools
- Lesson 3: Operational Procedures
- Basic Maintenance Tools And Techniques
- Electrical Safety
- Environmental Safety And Materials Handling
- Professionalism And Communication
- Lesson 4: Peripheral Components
- Install And Configure Display Devices
- Install And Configure Input Devices
- Install And Configure Expansion Cards Install And Configure Multimedia Devices
- Lesson 5: Managing System Components Motherboards
- Cpu And Cooling Systems
- Select And Install Power Supplies
- Ram Types And Features
- Install And Configure Storage Devices
- Configure The System Bios
- Lesson 6: Installing And Configuring Operating Systems
- Implement Virtualization
- Install Microsoft Windows
- Windows Upgrades
- Windows Preventive Maintenance
- Lesson 7: Customized Client Environments
- Standard Clients
- Custom Client Environments
- Lesson 8: Networking Technologies
- Physical Network Connections
- Network Connectivity
- Ports And Protocols
- Set Up And Configure Windows Networking
- Networking Tools
- Lesson 9: Install And Configuring And Maintaining Soho Networks
- Install And Configure Soho Networks
- Soho Network Security
- Lesson 10: Supporting Laptops
ABOUT NEW HORIZONS (WORLDWIDE)
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons was named the world's largest training company by IDC the last 3 years. The company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of technical training, desktop application and business skills courses for all levels in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons has over 312 training Centers in 80 countries in the world and has over 3,000 instructors, 2100 classrooms and 2100 sales people globally. It also has a superior content catalog of over 4,500 courses for office productivity, IT professionals and business skills.
ABOUT NEW HORIZONS NIGERIA
New Horizons Nigeria was granted the license as a franchisee of New Horizons world-wide to operate in Nigeria in May 2005. The firms’ vision is to be the foremost provider of IT and Business Skills training in Nigeria; in order to achieve this vision, we believe we need the right values to propel the organization to the forefront of the IT and Soft Skill training industry in Nigeria; our values therein are Integrity, Innovation & Culture of Responsibility.
The founders of New Horizons Nigeria saw the deepening of the IT and Management knowledge divide between the developed nations and the developing ones i.e. Nigeria as a threat to the socio-economic development of Nigeria and in order to bridge this divide, they decided to form a strategic alliance with the most reputable IT and Soft Skills training organization in the world. New Horizons Nigeria strongly believes that by doing this, she will contribute immensely to the socio-economic development of Nigeria. ...