For the better part of every day, at work, at home or on the road, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it's the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your colleagues when they are talking to you, or a cursory glance, it all means something.
When done right, assertiveness skills help you to express yourself clearly and to the point, while sustaining the business interest. However, balancing purpose and relationship, especially when personalities are involved, is no mean job.
This is because communication is an interpersonal process, self-confidence and assertiveness are crucial skills for a successful engagement.
In this workshop participants will be exposed to the various shades of the Assertiveness Continuum, and practice proven skills for holding conversations that deliver the appropriate business and personal impacts.
At the end of the course, the following learning outcomes will be realized:
- Recognize why assertiveness is your basic right
- Identify assertive and non-assertive behaviours – yours and others’
- Understand how to adapt your communication in different work situations
- Handle aggressive behaviours with greater confidence
- Develop cultural awareness and promote inclusiveness
- Learn how to influence and collaborate without formal authority
- Learn the fundamental principles of communication
- Practice self-awareness and self-regulation for effective communication
- Use active listening skills and different questioning styles to fully understand what the other person says and means
- Recognize your assertiveness level and how to improve it
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations: Aggressive, passive, or assertive
Emmanuel Emielu, FCMI
An experienced leader, facilitator and coach of over 30 years, Emmanuel works with clients to deliver high performing teams and organizational change readiness. Career professionals experience dramatic transformations in their performance on and off the job, as he passionately engages with them to shape their attitudes, skills and behaviours.
Interest areas include self-leadership, change management, emotional intelligence, creativity, talent management, communication and problem-solving. He is adept at facilitating both small and large group sessions, from senior executives to new hires, and delivers transformational results in workforce performance, strategy, culture, and organizational development. His engagements typically take place across Africa in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Mozambique, including the UAE. Clients include leaders like ExxonMobil, Shell, Afriexim, Subsea7, ConocoPhillips, TOTAL, and several banks and insurance companies.
He is a Certified Brain Friendly Trainer, a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute, UK, and Council Member for the Lagos Business School Alumni Association.
He is also a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Nigeria Gas Association (NGA), the Oil & Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN), as well as being active in the Education & Training sector of the Nigerian Content Consultative Forum (NCCF)
|Tue||09:00 AM — 02:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|
|No. of Participants:||15|
OGS provides a wide range of specialised petro-technical, business and leadership training courses across several industries, delivered in several cities across the globe.
Delegates typically include CEOs and Directors of publicly quoted companies, Senior Government officials, technical professionals and senior managers from various sectors.
Through our international partner network, some of our courses are internationally accredited and certified. Well over 1,000 delegates have benefited from our programmes, and you can be the next to experience world class learning under our care!